preferred version of Eclipse

Get help with Spket IDE.
mjlecomte

preferred version of Eclipse

Post by mjlecomte » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:07 am

The download page for spket has a link to Eclipse which is dead. I wasn't sure if there's a preferred version of Eclipse to use or not.

If not, any difference between them to suggest which one to go with? I use php backend so C or Java isn't a necessity.

Oh, I'm working with ExtJS by the way.

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:15 pm

If you use php backend, then what is you php plugins used? The minimum requirement of Spket IDE is Eclipse Platform Runtime Binary 3.2.1 or above, you can try Eclipse 3.4, in that page, search "Platform Runtime Binary".

If you don't have a php plugin for eclipse yet, you can try EasyEclipse or TinyEclipse.

mjlecomte

Post by mjlecomte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks Eric. Sorry for delay, I had email notification turned off.

This question may be good cause for saying "you are too dumb to use this software", but here goes anyway. I did search this forum and on eclipse but I guess I may be a bit spoiled from the traditional install process.

Anyway, here's what I've done:

1. downloaded eclipse binary
2. moved the extracted directory to c:/whatever/eclipse
3. downloaded spket

Now what?

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:51 am

If you are not familiar with Eclipse, you can try the standalone version if you work on Win32 or Linux X86, otherwise, you can install Spket using Eclipse update manager, from menu Help > Software Updates > Find and Install...

1. Select the "Search for new features to install" option the click "Next >"
2. Click on the "New Remote Site..". button, in the dialog, enter Spket IDE as name, and http://www.spket.com/update as URL, click "OK" button
3. select Spket IDE in "Sites to include in search" list, and click "Finish" button.