beginner needs help: spket and eclipse

Get help with Spket IDE.
lbjvg

beginner needs help: spket and eclipse

Post by lbjvg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 am

Hi - I am new to all of this so forgive me if this sounds to basic.

My main objective is to learn Laszlo so then my next objective becomes finding a good IDE. Spket is enthusiastically recommended in the Laszlo forums. I am trying to work with the Spket plugin for Eclipse.

I am pretty sure the Spket pluigin is installed correctly. But when I type code nothing happens that would indicate the Spket is running - ie no code completion or colors or anything like that.

Can someone please provide a step-by-step to "turn on" the Spket?

Thanks - JV Gallagher

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:57 am

If your Spket plugin is installed correctly, first, click menu item "Window -> Preferences...", choose item "Spket -> Laszlo", setup directory for Laszlo, then choose item "Spket -> JavaScript Profiles", select item "OpenLaszlo 4.0" and click "Default" button, click "OK" button to save the changes, then select a lzx file, click it use mouse right button, in context menu, select "Open With -> Spket LZX Editor", if you can't find these items, then your Spket plugin is installed incorrectly.

lbjvg

Post by lbjvg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks! The solution is embarrassingly simple. All I had to do was add .lzx to the new file name and Voila! Life is Good! - JV Gallagher