Future Reserved Words

Feature requests
pablo_cretino

Future Reserved Words

Post by pablo_cretino » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:31 pm

There are some "Future Reserved Words" on the editor that I don't think that they exist neither on the ES3 or the ES5. I saw some of them on the ES4 proposal, but since it didn't get approved, it would be nice to remove them from the "Future Reserved Words" list, such as "get", "set", "each" and "namespace".

I don't really know about others, but it would be nice to also know the list of words that are considered as "Future Reserved Words" by the Spket editor.

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:15 am

Some of these actually are "Contextually Reserved Words", "each" and "namespace" are Contextually Reserved Words in E4X, and "get", 'set" are from mozilla javascript syntax.

pablo_cretino

Post by pablo_cretino » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Well, in that case it would be nice to be able to separate (or even disable) those "Contextually Reserved Words" in a different category since they aren't really part of the ECMA-262 (but part of the ECMA-357).

And about "get" and "set", I saw them on the Javascript 2 draft, but they are nowhere to be found in any of the mozilla's javascript 1.X specification. And since they aren't even on the ES5's "Future Reserved Words" list, I think it would be safe to remove them from the SPKET's "Future Reserved Words".

What you guys think?

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:29 pm

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Core_J ... nd_Setters

Contextually Reserved Words can be solved by semantic highlighting, Spket IDE will support semantic highlighting.

pablo_cretino

Post by pablo_cretino » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Cool! Can't wait 'till its done =]

Good job then