[Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.2+ExtJS] Code completion problem

Bug Reports and Fixes
menosgrande

[Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.2+ExtJS] Code completion problem

Post by menosgrande » Sun May 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi,

I have download Eclipse Ganymed IDE for Java EE Developers (163 MB) v. 3.4.2 + install the plugin Spket IDE 1.6.16 with Xerces for Spket IDE but code completion doesn't work for Extjs.

I have followed many times the online tutorial but it doesn't work.

If I try to install it with the full Spket IDE, the code completion with Extjs works perfectly.

Why ?

I have done the same things.

I have even tried once again on a clean Eclipse on another computer & I have exactly the same problem: it only works with Spket IDE standalone IDE not with the plugin on Eclipse.

is there a conflict with another javascript feature on Eclipse?

Thanks in advance for your help.

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Sun May 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Eclipse Ganymed IDE for Java EE Developers has more than one JavaScript Editors, make sure you are open JavaScript file using "Spket JavaScript Editor" by select a JavaScript file, use mouse right button, in context menu, choose item "Open With -> Spket JavaScript Editor".

menosgrande

Post by menosgrande » Sun May 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. it works !!

Maybe the actual tutorial should precise this thing.

But in a jsp page, how it is possible to have Spket editor works with the default jsp editor at the same time
?

Actually i have to open the same jsp page with the 2 editors(jsp & Spket) & the modification before any save seems synchronized (in real time).

Regards

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Spket does not have a jsp editor, if you want javascript code assit for jsp editor and other editors, you can try use Alt+Shift+/