ExtJS 4.x support

Feature requests
eric_suen
Site Admin

Re: ExtJS 4.x support

Post by eric_suen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

You can solve this by folder mapping, when you create folder, click Advanced button, check the option "Link to folder in the file system", for example: src/animal -> c:\prjs\animal\app

the folder is case sensitive, why View is capitalized but others are not?

there is a bug in old one, you have to download http://www.agpad.com/downloads/com.spket.js_1.6.23.jar and try again.

dajester2013

Post by dajester2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:15 pm

I am still not understanding how to get this working like I need it to:

Our application contains many sub-modules, which can have many Ext "applications" underneath. See below for sample folder structure starting from the Eclipse project level.

My problem is that I get full type hinting for the core Ext library, and for whatever file I have open currently (which is EXCELLENT btw!). Looking at the structure below, say I have the MyController.js file open. I get type hinting about Ext.* and Default.controller.MyController, but does not recognize any of the other files within that application package (MyModel, MyView, etc). Is there a way to get this working currently with this folder structure?

Also note due to the nature of the overall application framework, I am generating the Ext.application() code from within the server-side code of the module, so the normal app.js is absent.

Example folder structure:

MyEclipseProject
  • modules
    • mymodule
      • resources
        • app
            • controller
              • MyController.js
              • AnotherController.js
            • model
              • MyModel.js
              • AnotherModel.js
            • view
              • MyView.js
              • AnotherView.js

eric_suen
Site Admin

Post by eric_suen » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am

The names of the classes map directly to the file paths, so your layout should like:

MyEclipseProject
  • modules
    • mymodule
      • controller
        • MyController.js
        • AnotherController.js
      • model
        • MyModel.js
        • AnotherModel.js
      • view
        • MyView.js
        • AnotherView.js

dajester2013

Post by dajester2013 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Hmm, I should have made it more clear that when I was talking about modules, that I was referring to our server-side application framework has modules. The modules do not have any bearing on the ExtJS apps, other to act as the container for them (while providing the server-side services etc). Each module can support 1-N completely separate ExtJS applications. To be clear, the folder structure down to the resources folder in my previous example is dictated by the server-side framework.

That being said, I did attempt to create ExtJS projects at both the app and the Default folder levels, but still did not get any typehinting of JS classes within my project, only the standard ExtJS library configured and whichever file I had opened.

What might be nice is instead discover all javascript classes (discovering the namespaces from within the files themselves instead of assuming from the folder layout) and offer all in the hints box. You would have to assume the dev has set things up to load the right class files, but this is more how the PHP dev tools work as I remember. Additionally, having the project-relative path in the tooltip for the hint dialog would show which class is actually being used for providing type hinting. I realize this is probably easier in though than practice - I've only once tried hacking on an Eclipse plugin.

Thanks again for the hard work put into this plugin!